What is the Electronic Wizards Apprenticeship
- Do you have a child that is full of wacky inventions and ideas?
- Or perhaps simply keen to understand how things work?
- Help your child get a good grounding with ‘The Electronic Wizards Apprenticeship’.
The Electronic Wizard’s Apprenticeship is a fantastic inspirational one year Postal Course, split into three ‘spells’ (terms) of four months each.
There is a Certificate for each student that completes the full 12 months Course.
Join the adventure….. into the magical world of electronics.
Receive a surprise ‘Wonder Box’ Every Month!
Learn Electronics with exciting mystery projects!
The Course is very practical and hands on. Wizards’ Apprentices start with the basics, and rapidly build to more advanced skills. Get an insight into the workings behind technology. Understand some of the ‘Magic’ that holds our modern world together. Everything supplied and a certificate on completion.
A full years course….. This is it !!!
Every month you get a mystery ‘Wonder Box’ in the post (four per spell). Over 125 individual parts over the year.
Each package contains everything to make two or three fantastic electronics projects. This includes components such:
- As solar cells
- A Digital Multimeter
- Circuit boards, wire and solder,
- Transistors and much more…..
- There are over 125 different parts! many are repeated making over 220 items, and 135 pages of fun instructions.
The instructions are fun and chatty with illustrations and no jargon. There’s also a regular quiz and sometimes a CD or DVD: everything for your exciting journey. On joining you will receive a invite to the kidstuffchat.slack.com forum area so you can chat and see how everybody is getting on with their project, exchange ideas, meet new friends and ask the Wizard if you get your get stuck.
These are not simple click together kits that teach you nothing. This is active learning!
For example, find out what a transistor is; what it does and how you can use it in a circuit. Begin to understand what all the parts of a circuit are and make your own! What else?
- Make a radio transmitter
- LED flashers
- Sound generators
- You’ll be doing simple computer programming
- Learning how to solder
- Using magnets, motors and power switching.
- You’ll get to grips with the graphs, charting, technical drawing and calculations you need.
- Learn about early inventions, alternative energies.
- Understand just what volts, amps, watts, resistors and capacitors are all about.
No previous experience is needed.
Students of 11 or older can easily follow the course. Younger students are also welcome. However they will need more practical help. This will mean that parents will have to take more of an active role and will have to go through the course helping all of the time. Without that extra parent help the younger Apprentice may fall behind and lose interest, so double effort from parents please for under 11’s… :o)
The next start date is 27th January 2018
BOOK IN NOW! <—–
- Preferably book as early as possible!
- It takes a lot to organise your WonderBoxes!
- but if you are late booking in
- get in contact as we often have extra WonderBoxes ready made up.
All Parts and Components are supplied
Superb Value for your Money!!
A 15/30 watt soldering iron is essential. (Adult supervision will sometimes be required) If you need one, this can be purchased from us including some solder for £12 including postage. After the subscription application following the “Join the course” page, the site will ask you if you need to order one there. If you miss it, just get in touch, the Wizard’s contact details are on the home page.
- Solder is supplied with each project, so no need to worry about that, everything is self contained
- Sorry but we are no longer permitted to send Batteries by the post, so you will need a pack of 4 rechargeable batteries from your local hardware shop.